Blog :: Happy Father’s Day
On June 17, 2012
Warm wishes for a Happy Father’s Day to the Fathers in your lives!
How do you celebrate Father’s Day? How do you help your child appreciate his or her dad? How do you show gratitude for the gifts your own father has given you in how to live your life? Sometimes these gifts are not always crystal clear, yet with time and patience they emerge, like the softness of a well worn stone kept in a pocket over the years.
A few ideas to honor dad on his day:
- A coupon book with coupons for foot rubs, back rubs, car washing and special foods to be prepared
- Make bookmarks out of Watercolor pages, punch a hole in the end and add some raffia or yarn
- Put together a car wash kit with a bucket filled with sponges, cloths, soap, window cleaner, paper towels and leather protector for the seats
- Embroider his initial on a neck tie
- Bake him muffins for breakfast, this recipe is delicious with strawberries instead of blueberries
For some musing on Dad:
- Waldorf Dads : Stereotype versus Archetype by Christine Natale, here
- From Fatherless to Fatherhood, What Kind of a Father Are You? by Kobe Brown here
- Father’s Day : Which type of dad are you? by Charles Nevin here
- Father’s Day with Autism, Rethinking the Coll Dad by Joel Yanofsky here
- From the Harry Potter Alliance, Some thoughts on Father’s Day by Andrew Slack here
Whats for Dinner? Some ideas:
Happy Father’s Day!